Thursday, September 24, 2009

early fall feast

on my way back to providence, i stopped by 4-town farm, one of my all-time favorite places to spend an early fall morning.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

my loot included pick-your-own raspberries (which were lucky to make it home!), sweet corn, gourds for the table, heavenly ripe peaches, a rainbow of cherry tomatoes, local little rhody eggs... and a GORGEOUS bouquet of pick-your-own zinnias that look so cheery on my coffee table!

ahhh... a dinner of fresh, local goodness- my take on a nicoise salad, complete with an olga's loaf. 
it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The fresh cut Zinnias are beautiful and in the fall they're bright mix of colors are so cheerful similarly, to Gerbera Daisies. We recently arranged some beautiful mixed Zinnia bridal bouquets for an autumn wedding and I posted pictures on Twitpic http://twitpic.com/ipd3k