what has been keeping me up at night, though, has been a bit of easter crafting!
christine and i came across some adorable bunny bags over at disdressed that used a pattern from a zakka book.
inspired by these ideas, we decided to take it one step further and go all out with these little bunnies!
i've made up a pattern so you can whip up a few for an easter morning surprise.
use your favorite vintage or libery print for the body, ear backs and handles and a solid (we used an oatmeal linen) for the lining.
i would recommend sewing in this order:
* embroider a personalized face on one of the body pieces
* sew all 4 body pieces to the bottom
* sew up each of the 4 sides
* repeat for the lining
* iron interfacing to the wrong-side of both (printed fabric) ear pieces
* with print fabric and lining, right-sides together, sew around sides and top of ear (leave bottom unsewn)
* clip seam allowance around top curve of ear, turn inside out and press
* fold edge of ear into snipped marker
* sew ears onto printed fabric
* cut TWO 1.5" wide by 10" long strips of the printed fabric
* right sides together sew along the long side (1/4" seam allowance) turn inside out and press
* attach these two handles to the left and right side of the body
* with RIGHT sides together, place the printed bunny INSIDE the lining (face will be hidden between the two bunny bodies, ears and handles tucked between the two layers as well)
* sew along the top edge of the bodies (1/4" seam allowance) leaving a 2" space in the back side
* turn inside out, press and top stitch around top edge
* make up a puffy pom pom (tutorial here)
* using darning needle, sew pom pom on back side of body
* stuff with goodies and enjoy!
i sent mine off to my little fresh air fund sister, Theresa yesterday... can't wait to hear her reaction!